Club Runs Sunday 30th November.

Sean Barker

Hi guys,

After much deliberation Owen and I have decided not to ride this Sunday as we're going to go Christmas shopping. Matt, Em, Sean, Rich and all, we hope you have a fab time and hopefully (weather permitting) we'll catch you guys next week!  :Christmas Smile:

Hi all, an easier run sounds lovely to me. I'll be at Rednall tomorrow to meet you guys. Hannah - all I can say to you is good luck! We went today and as far as I'm concerned the "black weekend" turns all Christmas shoppers into crazy people! God bless internet shopping! You'd be far safer cycling tomorrow

A great turnout today in the A group who ventured in a different direction for a change.

ChrisP led the group who left the Forrest in sunshine via a very interesting route taking in

some challenging climbs and nice quiet lanes through what at some stages seemed like

a section from a Belgium classic, well done Chris very enjoyable.

Refreshments were taken at Halfpenny Green airport a new cafe stop for some of our

group.

After a good paced ride back with ChrisK turning off last seen heading off for another

pit stop for a drop of Bathams best the group continued back home splitting in various

directions at Holly Cross near Bellbroughton.

Those out today, Sam,SpeedyK,PhilC,Lee,KevinY,Matt,Garry, ChrisK,ChrisP,JohnS and

myself, those noticeable absent today, Owen and rear gunner and early warning system

Hannah. Sick note received,they went Xmas shopping and tree hunting instead. Apparently

Owen was going to purchase the biggest tree he could and then be entertained by Hannay

trying to reach the top to decorate it.

No sick notes received from GrahamK and John and Chris Poole.

A great day out today well done everyone.

Hope the B's had a good run today, looking forward to the report.

Some quite thick fog patches on the way out to Pershore but the sun came beaming through as we hit the outskirts of the town where we were joined by Dave and Ruth.  Sean and his 'B's were already sitting comfortably when we arrived at the cafe, then Pete and Chris rolled up followed by Tony and Ken five minutes later. A bit of rearranging the furniture and we were all enjoying a nice break. The intelectual debate today covered Haggis, Faggots and Bike Fits.  :rolleyesXmas:

The party split in two for the journey home to suit various committments and an enjoyable pace was set untill we reached Droitwich.

Round the table today were Emma, Ruth, Mandy, Richard, Pete C , Chris T, Ken, Tony, Sean, Dave and myself.  A superb Club Run.

Nice to have Emma with us.

'Haggis is a savoury pudding containing sheep's pluck (heart, liver and lungs); minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, and traditionally encased in the animal's stomach and simmered for approximately three hours. Most modern commercial haggis is prepared in a sausage casing rather than an actual stomach'.

Mmmmmm. Yummy  :roflxmas:

I see some more of the dwarfs have turned up - but how did Pinnochio and Big Ears get in on the act?

In Ivor's absence I took the reins and led today's B Run.. At Rednal I was joined by Chris Thompson, Richard, Keyte, Emma Barnes and Pete Cooper. We made a group decision to head for Pershore where we knew some the Saracen's were heading for.

Moments after we arrives Dave and Mandy rolled up and moments late Dave and Ruth Sexton joined us. Some five minutes later the group was completed with the arrival of Ken and Tony.

We enjoyed a leisurely cafe stop where upon we left in two groups.

At the cafe and enjoying the Christmas cheer today were 

Sean Barker

Emma Barnes

Richard Keyte

Chris Thompson

Pete Cooper

Ken Haddon

Tony Shardlow

Dave Sexton

Ruth Sexton

Dave Mitchell

Mandy Mitchell

Special mention to Emma a Richard who made their first rides in a while and had to work hard on the return journey. Richard was being troubled by a tightening of the left calf muscle towards the end of the ride. Here's hoping it settles down with a little rest.

2zjfkuo.jpg

Today's B Group

Oops!

I saw you on the forum Dave and then you were gone, I thought I'd better post up a report in case you were otherwise occupied, but while I was composing my report you stole in and beat me to it.

Thought I'd leave mine up too as they are from slightly different perspectives.

Archived