Club Run Sunday 7 November 2021

Moira

Let’s go to Springridge Garden Centre Crowle a nice long loop round aiming to be there between 11.45 - 12 noon.

I’m keeping away from Clives as when I post there it rains so fingers crossed we will be safe tomorrow. Barry going out via Dormeston so see you near to Priest Bridge.

10 am TB 🚴‍♀️🌹🚴

Well a very eventful ride today. I've been volunteered to post the update from the day.  Never done this before and I've been told to be witty!! So that's not going to happen!

So to start at the beginning, I left home and developed a technical problem. A phone call to the A team at Tardebigge and they soon joined me to help.

Unfortunately after much fiddling about it was decided to remove the faulty mud guard and hide it in the long grass for retrieval on the way home.

So Moira, John, Chris, Mick, Kev, Bev and me set off approx 15 mins late. We met the philpotts and Barry en route. Only to lose the philpotts who stopped to pick Tony up and then had to tighten their nuts or something. Sounded painful to me. Unfortunately they didn't manage to catch us up.

We then had another impromptu stop as Barry decided that someone had lost something off their bike. So we all had a good look along the verge and decided a mistake had been made. Needless to say this practice search helped later.... bear with me!

We arrived at the cafe to find Dave, Roger and Chris already chomping on tea cakes and slopping down tea.

Ten minutes the later the Philpotts arrived and much discussion took place as to how they got left behind.

We set off with not much happening on the way back, although different people peeled off along the way. I cant remember who or where but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Defford.

So Roger, Chris, John  Moira and me made our way back to retrieve the mudguard at Tardebigge. Good job we'd had some practice, courtesy of Barry, but that didn't help as it took a little while to find it! I think a picture was taken of various bottoms as we rifled through the undergrowth.

So after all the events of the day it was a great ride with fab company and a very grateful me for all the help.

Ivor your post came through as I was halfway through the update. Sorry its late. I've been busy 

Expected to meet you there today Ivor to cold ?

Having got our timing right today Roger and I arrived at the cafe 11:45ish.

only to find Dave M  sitting alone wandering where the club had disappeared.

Had they changed their minds and gone to Clives at Cropthorne as it wasn't raining.

After a brief chat on what might have happed we decided to find a seat inside out of the wind

and have refreshments.

Dave gave us a history talk on how he grew up in Harborne and Quinton area and Roger

brought him up to speed with the pubs that still remain.

At this point the others appeared.

A tea party was set up in the greenhouse.

IMG_0001.thumb.JPG.8020beb82dde17eb2564669815243317.JPGIMG_0002.thumb.JPG.c29a0841d4d7c925c5d3dae522854397.JPG

I think Alan is giving a talk on home improvements or his forthcoming heart improvements.

IMG_0007.thumb.JPG.b974126ffcbec6ac6af6cfd4d881ec8e.JPG

Bev tries to help Moira as she seems to be having trouble finding her way round the mobile phone.

IMG_0003.thumb.JPG.d0e1835fb1c51fddd14b3598728d488b.JPGIMG_0004.thumb.JPG.3c90af49adfd7965ab11b3b564e0363c.JPG

No that's not the way to do it.

IMG_0005.thumb.JPG.6b8be74d10e81881c044f425066ba1d4.JPG

That's it well done.

IMG_0006.thumb.JPG.5284e42ee11fcfee1ece1b2fcf193565.JPG

I think by now we're all getting to know Julies navigational skills.

Leaving the cafe the plan was to return to Tardebigge and retrieve the problem front mudguard Julie

had hidden in the grass.

Her skills were to be displayed as she new exactly where she had hidden it.

As you will see it shouldn't be a problem.IMG_0008.thumb.JPG.46e3c74e497150179cf85064c8332369.JPG

I know it must be here this is where I left it.

593334088_IMG_0008(2).thumb.JPG.5b164e0d6fff1e2ffae66d00c4152186.JPG

Someone must have taken it I know it was here.

Spread out it must be somewhere.

IMG_0009.thumb.JPG.94a84aea6fc7e6e231b990f02e7a3ee4.JPG

I decided to jump of the bike and lend a hand.

Fortunately after a quick look it jumped out into my hand.

With problem solved Moira helps to stick it up the back of Julies top.

IMG_0010.thumb.JPG.b2da86c239bb9d96629ea436c78baa67.JPG 

The three of them then turned for Bromsgrove where John would refit the offending part.

I hope all went well.

Roger and I continued over the Lickeys to home.

Pleased to say we caught and passed a group of Beacon on the way to the top of Rose Hill.