Club Run 🐝🐝 Sunday 15/8/21

Moira

Unfortunately John is still indisposed so he’s asked me to host the run .

Long Marston it is here’s hoping I remember the way . Meeting as normal 9.30 am at TB.

Barry I intend to go out via Feckingham and up that horrible little steep hill at the top of the Ridgeway where we normally meet you then down through Arrow ( hope that makes sense )

See you in the morning 🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️

Me and Chris met the run, consisting of Moira Julie and Leigh, at the Bradley Green end of Flying Horse Lane. We proceeded at a relaxed pace to Radford where we turned left to tackle Moira's favourite three climbs to the Toll House where a right turn took us downhill to Dunnington and downhill again to Broom and Bidford. Over the bridge and on through the pretty village of Dorsington to our destination the Expresso Cafe incorrectly named as the service was slow.

Julie and Moira couldn't resist the high sugar content caramel and chocolate covered shortbread containing a million calories whilst Leigh was disappointed after realising he could have ordered a bacon sarnie. Chris and I stuck with the safe Toast and jam in a cardboard box.

To avoid the usual Col de Welford Moira requested a different route home so we headed towards Mickleton into a strong head wind (power setting 2 for me) and made a right turn to climb the Alp de Pebworth instead. 😀

After Bidford four of us went via Wixford to Dunnington and Leigh having ridden off in front went up the Dunnington Drag. After regrouping it was the usual route back to Bradley Green where Chris and I parted leaving the rest to make their way back to Tardebigge and then home.

An enjoyable ride with no incidents just the strong SW wind on the return leg.

Photos below.  

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-15 at 17.34.12 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-15 at 17.34.12 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-15 at 17.34.12.jpeg