Club Run 6th June 🐝🐝

Sarashell

Well so much for the later start to avoid the rain we all got wet on the way to TB and even sheltered under the bridge for 10 minutes. We then decided to brave the rain the sun kept teasing us popping out for a bit then the rain would come back. It did eventually dry out and was quite nice dried us out apart from our feet 🦶 

Leigh had a puncture and he did stand around a bit like a girl waiting for John’s assistance . Luckily John has big monster thumbs as he even struggled to get Leigh’s tyre back on. 
We stopped at Broadacres for refreshments and then cycled home with the sun on our backs.

Out today John, Leigh , Bev and me .

I am the new Moira . Can swop these days without an op!!! I had just put on new nail varnish and didn't want it spoiled.

Thanks to John monster thumbs for the route and puncture repair . Seems like a good idea to check ride details just before leaving home especially when we have inclement weather.

Well done you hardy people.

I met up with Roger at 10 slight rain in the air.

After a couple of hundred yards we decided to put rain tops on.

Continued for a mile or so and headed for the bus shelter in Coteridge.

After 3/4 of an hour looked like it might ease we crept from under the shelter preparing

to brave it. Roger lead the way.

As I dropped back on the road to follow him there was that thud as the rim hit the road s--t a puncture.

I free wheeled down the hill hanging over the front wheel but had to stop at the traffic lights

Roger already climbing up the other side to Kings Norton.

By the time I had the back wheel out he returned only to watch a demonstration of inner tube replacement.

At this point with the heavens opening again we took a unanimous decision to return home and hope the sun

comes out again in the week.

A great morning for ducks  5.4 miles in 1 1/2 hours.