Allan Carbutt 17/4/30 - 31/12/20

ChrisP

I have sad news to report to start the New Year.

Allan Carbutt died peacefully yesterday at home in the company of his family.

Allan would often join in with us on Sunday Club Runs.

Or when we had social or training  weekends away he would drive the support car.

For those who joined the camping weekends to Builth Wells will recall Allan's immortal phrase "once and only once"

that's if my memory is correct.

He was a regular committee member in the 60s, 70s & 80s.

Undertaking the organisation of many races in particular a series of evening events on the Beoley Circuit.

He also helped with Time Keeping and marshaling at other events.

2020 saw Allan and Pauline pass another milestone when they celebrated there 70th wedding anniversary.

313440620_IMG_0006(2).thumb.JPG.18a45069839b793a9962a92236d5f989.JPG

Our thoughts go out to Pauline and all the family at this time made more difficult by the Covid situation.

Chris & Hilary.

Such bad news, Alan was such a big part of the club when he and of course all the Carbutts joined the club in the sixties.

As Chris said, Alan did a lot of organising for the club.  Ann used to go in the support car with Alan on those weekends away, and remembers looking out for bike wheel tracks so they didn’t loos the riders.

So many good memories.  Our thoughts are now with Pauline and the family at this hard time.

Ann and John.

R.I.P.  Alan.