Steady run sun 16th nov

rovi

OK. I thought the run was going to Broadway/Evesham, now I find it's going to the dark side of Worcester - in which case Tardebigge is not strictly on the way. However, Ken and I will be at Tardebigge 09.40 to pick up anyone who turns up there (Barry? Tim? Sean? ChrisK?) then will proceed via Wychbold, Ombersley etc to the cafe.

Sorry guys, haven't been feeling the best over the last couple of days and woke up this morning with a full on head cold. Going to give it a miss and spend the day resting and consuming large quantities of lemsips, cough lozenges and other assorted placebo cold remedies

cold-flu1.jpg

Cracking day, Gromit! The B's from Tardebigge were Ken, Barry, ChrisK, Gary, Tim, DerekB and self. We experienced deep water snorkeling, diversions (forced and unforced) and a mad rush to get to the cafe before the A's left. Which we did - just. Nice that Dave and big Tony were there to greet us and make sure we took the shortest route back. Everyone had a good laugh, and most were still speaking to me at the end. Shame Derek had to turn short but duty called. Chris disappeared somewhere around Ombersley on the return, presumably to dry out his feet in front of a good hostelry fire. Tim cracked big time in the last few miles but soldiered on as all good soldiers do. Well done Tim :-)

You were spot-on Toney:- Two large very hot radiators for my sole (pardon the punn) use for the drying of Shoes, inner linings, two pairs of socks & feet in the Plough, Shenstone,

Just over 61mls on the day but another unfortunate soaking (this time from above) in the last 4 miles & by then nearly dark conditions somewhat dampened my spirits!!!  

Archived