New members

Hannah

So,

The Saracen gang has certainly been growing as of late! It seems everywhere you go there is a Saracen jersey to be seen.

Speeds Cycles is no exception, and there is certainly an interest in the club from both customers and staff.

Last week 'Speedy' Kev, the Speeds mechanic, signed his name on the dotted line of the Saracen membership form after a number of rides with the A group on Sundays.

This sign up follows on the heels of Owen Hazlewood and myself - both full time employees of Speeds Cycles and both (much loved) members of the Saracen family.

However, this is not the only new Speeds Saracen sign up this month. I'd like to introduce you all to the latest Saracen member and part time Speeds employee William....

Yep, he sure does look absolutely awesome in his Saracen jersey! :tongue:

It's great to have such a visual demonstration of the relationship between Speeds and the Saracens  :wub:

If there is anything Kevin, Owen, William or myself can help any Saracen member with, do get in touch! You can call the store or visit the website: http://speedscycles.co.uk/

We stock a wide range of clothing and bike accessories, as well as parts. We can help with basic maintenance to bespoke bike builds and we also offer a Trek Precision Fit bike fitting service. Don't forget to mention that you are a member of a local cycling club to get a discount too!  :biggrin:

Welcome to the Saracen Road Club William.

I meet William the other day and he was also in the shop today still wearing his Saracen kit,

by all accounts he never takes it off at night either.

He has already become a valued member of staff and like all others who work at the shop

does not dare to answer back to Hannay when she is talking to him, not as though he would

be able to get a word in edge ways anyway.

I am sure he would look forward to meeting other members of the club so please pop in and

say hello and I am sure he will show you around the shop.

He's not a great one for conversation but he's a good listener.

Ha ha ha haaa you cheeky bugger Leigh! 

And don't worry, Speeds will be contacting other cycling clubs later this week and offering William's services as a club kit model for other local clubs. If the Bromsgrove Olympique has a club jersey or jacket you'd like us to display just drop it in. :-)

(Note - William's a tall broad chap and usually wears a large or extra large size!)

• 3 weeks later...

No he wasn't. He was a Warwickshire lad who spent his time poaching in the grounds of Charlecote House. He mad his getaway on an early model boneshaker made out of deer antlers and ox cart wheels. In his spare time he wrote a few plays.

Norman was his look-out man.

I wonder if Miss V E Bott ever WAS sick?

Yes I agree William should have a partner. But that means asking him some questions about his preferences, which he might not want to answer. Best leave it to a chance encounter and see who he falls for?

Cold, innit? Should William don winter kit before the RSPCD make a call?

I wonder if Miss V E Bott ever WAS sick?

Yes I agree William should have a partner. But that means asking him some questions about his preferences, which he might not want to answer. Best leave it to a chance encounter and see who he falls for?

". Cold, innit? Should William don winter kit before the RSPCD make a call "

Not as dumb as he looks our William, He is wearing a Long sleeve winter top which is more than adequate

for the coldest of winter morning with just one base layer underneath.

He will shortly be displaying another local cycling clubs kit and said he would be reporting back to us on both

the fit and quality of there's and hopefully be telling us how good our is. Not as though we need telling !.

As far has his choice of women, he only has eyes for Hannay. Owen is keeping a close eye on him.

Major General Sir Richard Hannay is a fictional male and the major character in John Buchan's 'The Thirty Nine Steps'. He is of stocky build and I believe may have red hair.

Hannah is a short noisy female. She also sometimes has red hair.

That's what I meant when I said William might not want to talk about his preferences.

Is William wearing long tights or still in shorts?

Bernie had a bolt. So did Frankenstein. Are they related? And should William Tell? It has all the makings of a play, but who would be the Just man?

I feel I should owe Hannah an apology for dragging her into the plot - but she started the thread so must put up with the ramblings of her adopted grandads!

I turn my back for a few days and all hell breaks loose!

I would like to clarify the following: 

1) William is actually from Germany and his real name is Wilhelm, after the last Kaiser to rule. This is why he doesn't say much, his accent is still pretty strong and he is trying to keep a low profile. He adopted the English version of his name to 'blend in'. 

2) William is not a fan of the French... or anyone called Norman, for that matter.

3) William is pretty quick at short distance TT's. He says he has never knowingly participated in any of the grand tours.

4) William has, in the past, produced early versions of 'bone shakers'. He discovered that ox cart wheels and deer antlers do not make for good TT bike. 

5) William is a stubborn fellow, who insists in riding in even the coldest conditions in nowt but jersey and shorts. His philosophy is 'what doesn't kill you....'. However, I have told him that his somewhat grey skin tones are likely to be precursors of ongoing ill health which is a result of his poor clothing choices.

6) William is a lone rogue and prefers his own company. This is why he loiters at Speeds well into the late hours, He says being here on his lonesome is more enjoyable than wining and dining women (or men!).

You boys :-p

Archived