The Audax season for 2014

The Audax season runs between the 1st of October and the 30th September. So the 2014 season has just come to an end.

During the season I rode fifty 200km events and one 300km event.

Interestingly that was enough to place the Saracen 27th out of the 259 national cycling clubs represented on the Audax UK results for the year

Actually Mandy an impressive season for the Saracen Road Club.

We have not only put on our first event but the following Saracens all rode at least one Audax event during the 2014 season

In alphabetical order

Sean Barker

Phil Carbutt

John Cartwright

Pete Cooper

Kay Davies

Ken Haddon

Mick Hazlewood

Owen Hazlewood

Chris Kent

Laura Lane

Amanda Mitchell

Dave Mitchell

Ivor Myttion

Chris Pardoe

Alan Philpott

John Shelly

Hannah Smith

Kevin Young

The members in bold have ridden Audax events of 200km or greater over the 2014 season

With two events on the 2015 calendar as well as our two 200km permanent events we look set to build on that next season.

The Saracen Road Club are certainly making their presence felt on the Audax scene :)

Also it should be mentioned that we have had an impressive Cyclosportive season too.

I'm not sure of all the members that have ridden cyclosportives but I do know that Chris Pardoe and Richard Fisher have been quite prolific throughout the year and indeed ridden some of the toughest events in the country.

One more and I've done 40 audax

What's the plural..... Audaxes doesn't sound right.

The word Audax is Latin for brave, daring. the proper plural in Latin should be "Audaces but the common usage amongst Audax riders is Audaxes.

Maybe it was my classical education where I studied Latin but I just can't bring myself to say Audaxes, hence the reason I use he proper Latin in the title for this forum. 

Archived