Weekend racing results Sat 30th August.

Only one Saracen member racing this weekend and this was Sam competing in the

Women's National 10 mile Championships held on our local course K33/10D.

This was Sams first National Time Trial Championship she had competed in which

had attracted some 92 entries and most of the top competitors in the country.

There was some doubt as to whether Sam was riding until approximately 9.00 this

morning when I was sent a text saying I'll give it a go. This was due to a recent

holiday and lack of any training and only arriving back on late Wednesday.

Well the rest obviously did her good and after a nice steady ride on Thursday to

loosen her legs up she produced an excellent result.

With a number of none starters 72 took up the challenge of the dry but windy conditions

today but fortunately the wind conditions were in a favourable direction making for some

very fast times.

Sam produced her second fastest time over 10 miles with a 23.54 giving her equal

34th position overall. This was 4th in her age group, 4th fastest Midlands rider and 9th

Vet overall. YES she's a VET.

Fastest rider and overall winner of the Championship was Hayley Simmonds with a time

of 21.43. Awesome !.

Super Veteran. Gill Henshaw at 80 years young finished with a time of 29.13.

Well done Sam, again it a was real pleasure in being able to support and encourage you

and think you should be very pleased with your result today. I as always was very proud

of you.

The other Saracen supporter out there today was Eddie Smith who was also very proud

seeing Sam produce such a great result against some of the best riders in the country.

Mick H.

Thanks Mick :-)

I'm sure I could have done better had I not spent the previous 2 weeks sat on my fat aris eating and drinking to excess with no training facility's available at all.... Although it was pointed out that maybe it was a good way of carb loading! Not sure that's quite required for 10mile but I certainly was carb'd up!!

Totally enjoyable afternoon and experience made all the better for all Micks help who even had my nerves for me :-)

Cheers matey!!

Archived