Coventry CC 10 Saturday 16th August

Four in the team for this event on the K33 starting at Duddington, unless any road works mean a change of course. This is an earlier than usual start, first man off at 11.00.  I then go at 11.09, Paul Haynes at 11.29, Mike Hazlewood 11.38 and Laura Lane in the separate Womens event is off at 12.28. This will be Laura's first ever TT and she will off course be getting plenty of encouragement from those of us who will have already finished their ride. If however you are out on your Saturday run why not pop by and give her a cheer, then take your coffee break at Hillers.

The event HQ is at Our Lady's Catholic Primary School, St. Faiths Road, Alcester, B49 6AG and parking is at the adjacent St. Nicholas C of E Primary School also in St. Faiths Road.

I will have to be there quite early as I am off at No.9 so it will be 09.45 at the HQ for me.  Paul Haynes will be there about the same time as me.  I understand Mike is giving you a lift and he likes to be early himself. There will be one of us to see you off at the start and meet you at the finish.  No going out on the lash tonight!  :biggrin:

The girl done good. Cool as a cucumber 28:51! A splendid effort for a first time event and blind to the course. Mike won the day with 24:05, Paul Haynes followed with a 25:10 and I bought up the rear with 25:43.  

Thanks for the support group consisting of Debbie, Mandy, Edwina and Terry Carbutt.

I think I can speak for us all in saying how much pleasure it gave us today in seeing Laura making such a go of it  :biggrin:

msdgfn.jpg

Yes, didn't she do well.

Stole the day for the Saracens with a superb ride and is already planing the next one

I would suspect.

The conditions were far from easy with a strong wing on the first leg.

A mention for two other youngsters, the winner Tom Ward riding for Team Echelon aged

19 and Ben McIntosh in second place riding for the Crewe Clarion aged 18 who both

returned with impressive 20 minute rides. I believe Ben is on target for winning the junior

BBAR ( Junior British Best All Rounder ) this year. Tom was runner up in 2012.

I think both will have a very good cycling future ahead off them and are both aiming

towards riding the track and the road in the near future with Ben going to live in Belgium

to ride criteriums next year before he starts Uni.

Laura you did us proud!!

I really felt for you  being your first Time Trial, but you soon got your head down and flew round a course you had never seen before.  Good on yer matey!!

I'm sure you'll be there again next year by the look on your face when you finished yesterday.    :tongue:

I mustn't forget to say well done Mike, Paul and Dave on a very good days racing.  

Not a lot of events left now Laura. The club 25 is next weekend and entries have closed for that, anyhow you would be working I think. There are 10s over at Coventry on 6th and 20th of September and the last event of the season, a 10, is at Worcester on 27th September. Paul Haynes and I are doing all three. These are all in our area so I'm not sure if Mike might have some other events not too far away that might suit you.

Archived