Tour of Britain

TonyS

AlanP has asked me to post the detailed route of the ToB stage from Worcester to Bristol

http://www.tourofbritain.co.uk/files/documents/Stage_4_Worcester_-_Bristol_ETA_v3.0.pdf

The stage is on Wednesday 10th September and the race will pass close by several of our regular cafe stops. Weather permitting, I'm sure some of us will be going out to see the riders pass by, and the route allows both a shorter ride to see them on flat roads, or a longer ride to see them climb Snowshill. It might even be possible to see them twice! Please post here if you're interested in joining in.

• 3 weeks later...

Today I went to Robertos Restaurant Broadway (my normal Thursday ride) which is sited adjacent to the Green by the turn onto Snowshill Road. I read a communication from Wychavon Council saying that from 10:00am the High street would be closed from the top mini-roundabout to Snowshill Road and that local clubs would be racing up and down it. The mind boggles!

Roberto and Martina also said there will be some activity on the green but I didn't get the detail. Maybe if you are going to Broadway you might wish to arrive earlier than when the race is due to see what is going on and then struggle up Snowshill in time to see the riders fly up on their big chainrings.

Archived