Just getting ready for tomorrows 300km Audax

It was a counter-clockwise ride Dave and the weather was a delight. It would have been Hell had it been today.

I really enjoyed the ride, it was interesting to see how a 300km would pan out for me. As you know I always feel a lot better in the second 100km of a 200km Audax and this time around it was the same with the added pleasure of feeling even stronger and more comfortable on the third 100km section.

Really annoyed that I missed this, I was down to ride it but it clashed with the missus and kids going away on holiday.  As you say, good job that it wasnt today coz that would have been a tough old ride to say the least!!

Really annoyed that I missed this, I was down to ride it but it clashed with the missus and kids going away on holiday.  As you say, good job that it wasnt today coz that would have been a tough old ride to say the least!!

I was saying this to Paula after the event. I finished in glorious sunshine at 8:00pm. Had it been today, I reckon it would have added a couple of hours on that time and been an altogether tougher experience. 

Archived