Thursday Run 24th July (with photos)

Sean Barker

We met as usual at Tardebigge and a large group of us made off for a destination which at that time was unknown to most of us.

Alas Chris Pardoe and Dave Mitchell went all alpha male on us and set a punishing pace that for the most part had us all gasping in their wake.

A welcome respite at the café but hostilities were soon resumed thereafter.

Great weather, great company, think I’ll have a nap now.

20i6v6e.jpg

2afilpc.jpg

209k07l.jpg

10o32ba.jpg

Oh! Also in case anyone wanted a hard copy this was the email that I received at the cafe

Researchers for the Ministry of Transport found over 200 dead crows near Greater Manchester recently, and there was concern that they may have died from Avian Flu.
A Bird Pathologist examined the remains of all the crows, and, to everyone's relief, confirmed the problem was definitely NOT Avian Flu.
The cause of death appeared to be vehicular impacts. However, during the detailed analysis it was noted that varying colours of paints appeared on the bird's beaks and claws. By...analysing these paint residues it was determined that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with lorries, while only 2% were killed by an impact with a car.
Ministry of Transport then hired an Ornithological Behaviourist to determine if there was a cause for the disproportionate percentages of truck kills versus car kills.
The Ornithological Behaviourist very quickly concluded the cause: when crows eat road kill, they always have a look-out crow in a nearby tree to warn of impending danger.
They discovered that while all the lookout crows could shout "Cah", not a single one could shout "Lorry."

Thanks Sean, I was really worried I might not be able to remember the joke.

Although I think maybe you need to work on some better ones for future club runs.

Really enjoyed the ride today (even the 'rather quick pace' for the first 25 miles).

Archived