A & B Club Runs - Sunday 27th July (with photos)

Lauralane

Sooooo

My brother wants to try a club and I've kind of invited him out with us....I have told him to start with the B group to see where he's at fitness wise.

Is this ok? I'll be joining the B ride and sticking with him. He is my lickle brother!!!

Well what a great ride today,

Shame the A run got lost, 

I blame the leadership,,,,,Where"s the discipline?

Seriously tho.it was great to see such a crowd out today.

I have changed my mind about a collective noun

for Saracens,,,Swarm is better than Horde, the jerseys

have a Wasp- like look ,when there is a crowd...sorry- Swarm.

If our numbers continue to grow we shall need 3-runs,

(Abillity wise also). Should we call them A1-A2-&A3 runs?.

OTHER clubs have B&C runs. Cheerio    BUZZZZZ....

I'd just like to add it was great to see so many Saracens out today, it must have been the best part of thirty riders. Also great to meet Hannah at last and particularly pleasing to meet two debutantes Mark and Richard who seemed to enjoy their first rides with the Saracen and will hopefully become regulars  :)

And Matt and Emma. They did really well!! First ride out with the A's!! No going back now ;)

Hopefully out with us again next week x

Oh and I've burnt. Again. After topping up on sun cream several times. It's on a different part of my arms and legs though this time. Slightly stripy. Like a burnt zebra

A big welcome to Emma and Matt, Mark and also Laura's brother Richard who joined us today.

I hope you all enjoyed the run and look forward to seeing you out with us again soon.

Very well done to you all and would like to say it was a pleasure to have your company.

It was also nice to meet Lee on the run as I have been racing the last few Sundays when he

has been out.

Mike.

Thank you so much for your warm welcome today, I thoroughly enjoyed the ride. Big thank you to Chris (?) for getting me back to Burcot when my legs went! Only 4 miles left!! Ah well, for a first run, I'll not be too hard on myself, I thoroughly enjoyed the route and the company. Nice people and a pleasure to ride with you. I learned loads (need suntan lotion, 2 bottles, higher cadence and more endurance!). Will be back hopefully Sunday. Have just got to London with aching limbs and pro tan lines. Proud!

Thanks again all, will keep pace ALL the way next time!

Mark

What a great turn out and ride today.

Sorry it was a little further than intended but I have to blame that one on following Owen.

I clocked up 93 miles by the time I got home.

Well done to the newbies. Matt & Emma I hope he made the tea when they got home.

Richard, Laura's brother for not letting her give him a hard ride like big sisters hope to.

And well done to Mark for sticking at it back up to Tardebigge it does get easier some days.

Nice pictures Sean I like how you captured Owens kiddies corner.

Must now dream up somewhere for next week.

6o09jt.jpg

Wanted to get a post off as soon as I arrived home today because we had such a great day, but I had to go straight out.  There were five of us waiting at the Tardebigge and I for one did not believe the huge group that approached us from under the bridge was the Saracens. We joined the bunch and that made the numbers up to 25!  Pretty soon we decided that in the interest of safety a split was needed.  This worked quite well after people settled down till the leading group went off in a different direction to those behind.   At this point our leader decided that we should go for the 'group with the biggest mileage' prize and took a meandering route near to Warwick. When we eventually arrived at the cafe, Ivor's party were mounting their bikes, in between fits of laughter, for the return leg.  Surprisingly at this point, some of his crew mutinied electing to return with the 'A's, giving them an extended break. 

Eventually we got off our backsides and after a quick look at the map ( not that we had lost confidence in our leaders sense of direction ) we decided to return via Alderminster and Long Marston.  A steady uneventful journey back to Bradley Green where I said farewell and made for Droitwich.

Some out today must have recorded a fair mileage and I must say our guests coped very well indeed. I hope that they got as much pleasure from today as we did by having them join us. There will be some sore legs tomorrow.  

Out in all sorts of groups today were Emma, Laura, Hannah, Ken, Pete C, Sean, Mike H, Owen H, Kev, John S, Brian Bourne, Mark, Matt, Little Richard, Lee, Tony S, Alan W, Barry, Richard K, Ivor, Derek B, John Poole, Graham K, Chrises K, P1, P2, and T plus myself.  Record turnout? Apologies if I have omitted anyone.

Hi all. Best ride EVER! Fab people, lovely scenery and awesome cake. Matt and I had a fantastic time and can't wait to come out with you guys again - although next time he's promised not to make me ride the Malverns the day before :rolleyes: . I am currently sat in bed nursing two rather achy legs - but isn't it weird that the ache you get from having a blast of a day on a bike is the best feeling in the world?! See you all in two weeks time! Em and Matt

Hi everyone !

Firstly a massive thank you for letting me ride with you and also the warm welcome. Thanks to Laura as well for getting me involved.

Was a brilliant ride, the numbers were amazing. Felt great to be part of such a big group.

Can't wait to get back out with you lot! Going to keep mainly to the B team, so I'm used to hitting the bigger distances more regularly.

Looks forward to seeing you all soon! X

Archived