Defford Tuesday 22nd

DaveM

A cloudless sky and a temperature of 26 degrees bought the crowds out today. An already large group from Bromsgrove picked up another three at Droitwich for a steady pace to the cafe.  Alan P was already there when we arrived, soaking up the sun in the garden.  Masses of cyclist toast ordered, tables joined together, we settled down to a lengthy break and then had the pleasant surprise of Dave Jones and his mate Pete dropping in. Reluctantly setting off for the return leg via the extra of Croome Park all went well till we were ambushed by the puncture fairies - not once but three times. John S had two and Dave one. Nice day for punctures I suppose. The group did the usual split after Flyford and I would imagine all hell would have let loose back to Bromsgrove!

Gathered in the garden were Mandy and Dave, Tony S, Mike H, Paul H, Ken, Kev, Dave and Ruth, John S, Alan P, Dave Jones, Pete (from up North) and Russ (from not so far up North)

1125vzt.jpg

2jbjhq9.jpg

I met up with Ivor at The Man in the Moon and along with Pete Cooper, Leigh Finchley, Barry Lucas and Big Gear Bob we made our way to Henley. At the café we were joined by a large group of riders including Richard Kent and Dave Mortimer and Jim George amongst many others.

A lovely days cycling in the sunshine

Chris Pardoe also joined us, as we were readying to depart

Archived