The alternative Tuesday run 1st July

TonyS

Another Tuesday, another mystery run to the usual place by (mostly) the usual suspects.

KenH and TonyS were joined en route by David (JohnS's mate, J himself being absent on camping manouevres), then by MandyM, DaveM and PaulH. A VERY STEADY pace was taken to (name redacted) where we were soon joined by 'junior member' AlanP, who gladly(?) assumed the mantle of tea wallah. Others in attendance under the sun umbrellas were Mike & Elaine Florence, David's wife Ruth, Bob Kesterton and friends and .... Roger 'the Dodger' Kings. After a rather longer than usual chat-fest, Saracen members set another VERY STEADY pace on the way back, the only fly in the ointment being Dave's impressive attempts to see Mandy 'off the back' along a main road.

Congratulations to mine host Darren who has received a pile of hand drawn 'thank you' cards from pupils of the South African school he chose for his charity E2E ride (now close to £6000 raised). Mention must also be made of old friend Brian Hayes, recently in hospital with several broken ribs but now home and recovering. Brian has no memory of what happened, there were no witnesses, but the manner of the injuries, plus damaged sustained to equipment, suggest a possible Hit & Run. Take care, everybody.

Sorry chaps I will put my hands up, though we normally single out on that small section and regroup on turning off the main road.  Must have been the coffee. Perhaps I should stick to tea in future.

Very enjoyable run and good to have Paul Haynes join us.

Archived