CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP 10 MILE TIME TRIAL.

This Saturday 28th June sees a record number of entrants taking part in the Saracen

10 mile TT club championship on the K33/10D at Alcester.

The open event is being run by the Warwickshire Road Club.

There are 11 riders in total made up of 10 male and 1 female rider our captain Sam

Boswell.

Riders are listed below and will inform you of start times as and when I know and also

the HQ and course details.

No. 3. Paul Haynes.

". 9. Owen Hazlewood.

". 14. Eddic Smith.

". 17. Mike Hazlewood.

". 26. Sam Boswell.

". 79. Chris Poole.

". 89. Chris Pardoe.

". 94. Gary Woodward.

". 99. Colin Bradley.

". 103. Dave Mitchell.

". 109. Andy Seabourne.

Please come and support your team around the course and enjoy some tea and cake

afterwards with us.

Before we give the riders their well deserved accolades our supporters get a huge thank you for turning out to watch the event today.  I am sure I speak for all the team in saying, that to see the crowd of Saracen jerseys at Salford Priors gave us a tremendous boost. Thanks to Hilary, Mavis, Debbie, Judith and Dave, Mandy, Barry, Ivor, Jim, and Phil.

Some great times were achieved today by every rider - and close is not the word!  Mike led the way with a 24.47 and then as they say, 'you couldn't get a fag paper between them' . Gary W did a comeback PB with 25.22 then Chris P and myself both clocked 25.23. Paul H was close behind with a 25.42, then Andy S at 26.11 and Eddie with a courageous 33.22. I also stole the 70's age group prize.

It was really great to see so many Saracens involved in the TT - a truly enjoyable day.

Warwick Roads CC put on a well organised event with an excellent prize list and even managed to hold off the rain. There were that many cakes even Mike was unable to finish them off.

Archived