Surface dressing time again - beware!

TonyS

Yes we noted it yesterday, must have been done yesterday or Monday. Only about three years since the last time? Lesley and I arranged an on site meeting with a Highways guy and spent some time explaining the danger to cyclists - two days later there was an accident caused by the loose chickens - sorry Dave, chippings :-)

P. S. Coalash Lane looks pretty lethal, especially the top corner, we detoured via the Gate Hangs Well

Yes we noted it yesterday, must have been done yesterday or Monday. Only about three years since the last time? Lesley and I arranged an on site meeting with a Highways guy and spent some time explaining the danger to cyclists - two days later there was an accident caused by the loose chickens - sorry Dave, chippings :-)

P. S. Coalash Lane looks pretty lethal, especially the top corner, we detoured via the Gate Hangs Well

Yes, resurfaced Monday evening. We were stopped by a road closure sign and a workman whilst

riding round our Monday evening training route.

I ventured down part of it today and it was very bad and turned back to go a different way.

I would recommend avoiding this road for a good few days as it is far to dangerous on two wheels.

Looks like some serious resurfacing (or gritting) is being planned for Banks Green/Upper Bentley. As we came back today we noticed several lorries and a resurfacing machine, also a pile of roadworks signs waiting to be put out.

Archived