Steady Run Sun. 8th. June.

rovi

Lovely warm sunny day saw us pick up Ivor and his crew at Holt Fleet. They were slightly behind schedule having had to negotiate the swamps of Doverdale. Luckily there were no cases of Dengue Fever today.  Just a short leg then to the cafe via Ockeridge and Wichenford. Unlucky for the staff, the A's arrived seconds after us, then seconds after them Tony Lowe and the Martley Posse landed.  The food was worth the wait and I think everyone got value for money. A brief interlude followed the feasting where we had a group photo session, then we started on the return leg via Ombersley, Porters Mill and Droitwich. At Droitwich it was just like the finale of a Red Arrows display -  in tight formation, then suddenly break off in all directions!

Excellent turn out today provided us with great company and another memorable Club Run 

Saracens Mandy, Derek B, Owen H, Pete C, Kevin, John S, Mike H, Tony S, Mike McClure (yes,- I saw him), Richard K, Ivor, Ken, Tony Lowe, Chris P, K, and T and self.

Welcome guests and friends Hannah, Colin and the Martley Posse.

The duck is not a cyclist.

9gbs00.jpge6zvi9.jpg

Has this group been let out for the day on a fishing trip to a pond near Martley?

Note they have two carers with them Mandy who has some experience!!!! and Hanna who dosen't

know what she's let herself in for.

What happened at Droitwich stopped for a moment to let MickM catch up by the back of Dave & Mandys house.

Only joking when I suggested they might have enough cups and tea bags.

When we started of MickM, RichardK and ChrisT decide they would return with Ivor for an easy ride.

TonyS and myself did a right hand turn to come home via Tardebigge catching the rest of the group up along the way.

Having travelled  for the next 20 mile at 30mph we decide at Tardebigge to easy of having not seen a sole.

Did everyone pop in to the Mitchells I know Mandy is good with the elderly?

On dropping down past the canal we passed Roger Bick and his wife must see if they want to join our Sunday run from the Lickeys

Then going the other way Mrs Davies having a late start

Still another great ride good company roll on the next one

Wont be out next week riding the Malvern Three Counties Sportive.

There's no sneaking out without you lot finding me out! Is there?

Had to wait for the Mojito fog to clear from my brain.

Rode through forked lightening to join CTCsouthern at the Coach and Horses for hair of the dog before cruising home. Had a giggle at their photos taken in 1977 on the canoeing weekend. Which has become, "not the canoeing weekend" a euphemism for drinking weekend.

Archived