Well I’m still alive

Sean Barker

As most of you know I’ve been struggling for the last five weeks with a chest infection/cold type illness. Anyway I was in with the doctor today to get the results of the hospital tests I underwent last week and it transpires that I have had and indeed still have bacterial pneumonia.

That explains why I struggled on the ride back from Welland and last week’s club run. Also I now understand why the seven 200km Audax rides over the last five weeks were so gruelling.

Well it’s a week’s complete rest for me now. But hope to be back out with you the following week.

Sorry to hear your news Sean, I had a feeling it was serious when I saw you a few weeks ago and you were obviously struggling.  But at least you know what the problem is and it can be treated with medication and PLENTY of REST!   

Please be a good boy and listen to people who care and would like to be cycling with you for many years to come.    :wink:

2unwpck.gif

At least we will get a bit of peace for a week or two and our ears will get chance to recover.                                                                                                                   

Please be a good boy and listen to people who care and would like to be cycling with you for many years to come.    :wink:

Thanks guys.

I really had no idea how ill I was, I just thought it was a nasty persistent cough/cold that I couldn’t shake and that I could cycle my way through it. Anyway rest assured that after five weeks of this my priority is to get it out of my system, so will be following doctor’s orders and resting up until fully recovered.

As a matter of interest Ivor, how long was it until you got your strength back? 

Archived