British cycling membership

Lauralane

Hi Laura, I have just been looking at the bronze level licence British cycling are offering and cannot see

any advantages in signing up for this.

If your intention is to race in Time Trials in the future the only requirement is to be a member of a cycling

club which you are already.

As regards insurance when out riding we have a discount scheme for this through the club with the

CTC, which is a very good scheme in the event of an accident. I believe at a cost of £16.00 p/year.

Any other advantages BC offer with there licence like discounts can usual be found by shopping around

or looking for special offers.

I hope this helps and look forward to seeing other peoples comments on this subject.

Mike H.

As other have already suggested, CTC membership is the way to go unless you have any plans to race then you would have no choice but to join BC.  I would certainly NOT leave home without some form of third party insurance to be honest, either CTC or BC

And my understanding is that you dont have to be a member of any cycling club before you can join the CTC, so not sure why they would say that you had to be a member for a year?

Archived