A run 25th May - Upton-on-Severn

Sean Barker

Don't you mean Upton upon Seven Sean?

Or is this a place I'm not familiar with.

Good job I'm riding a sportive round the Cotswolds starting out from Stratford

probably not as far as your unknown destination.

Hope the weather improves have a nice day. 

I got down to the Forest Pub car park a few minutes early, soon to be joined by John Cartwright, then Mick, John Shelly, Kevin Young and Laura Lane.

We made our way but it was soon apparent that I wasn’t fully recovered from my chest infection and was struggling to keep with the pace. When I told Kevin who was jumping between the main group and back to check on me that I’d just take it easy and meet up with you at the café I just eased up and took it easy.

At the café I eventually stopped coughing and we were soon joined by Dave and Mandy. After an enjoyable break we all headed back together but I was struggling so let them go and ambled home.

I don’t feel too bad now but and early night is in order.

Thanks guys for all the concern and looking after me. When I got home and told Paula that John Cartwright had offered to stay back and ride with me and Mick had offered to ride back with me and that Dave and Mandy had offered me the option of cutting the ride short and stopping at their house in Droitwich where Dave would drive me home she was quite touched and said you’re lucky to have friends like that.

Obviously doesn’t know you all as well as I do. lolblue.gif

Today’s A group

Mick Hazlewood

John Shelly

Kevin Young

John Cartwright

Laura Lane

Sean Barker

Dave Mitchel

Mandy Mitchel

A great ride out today with the club, a change from my usual Sunday racing.

The weather was very kind to us and we encountered dry roads after Tardebigge.

Nice to meet John C and good to have Laura out with the A's, both riding very well

and coping well with a slightly faster pace than what they perhaps have with the B's.

Oh, and Laura's new bike is very,very nice indeed.

No special treatment Sean - I would hope to think that this was standard procedure for the Saracen RC. We always take care of the wounded and bring back the dead.  Hope you feel better soon.

Great company today. 

Oh! I have no doubt that it would be standard procedure. One thing I became abundantly aware of very early on is what a special camaraderie there is amongst Saracen members.

It’s just with my health issues Paula does worry about me but is immeasurably reassured when I’m in the company of fellow Saracens.

Also don't worry, I won't even entertain the thoughts of riding that 200km Audax for at least a couple of days

Archived