CC Blaenau Results

Well the weather did not disappoint and as the forecast predicted very windy which was

confirmed on the drive down this morning along the course to the HQ witnessing the trees

and hedgerows lying over at an acute angle.

Having prepared myself ready for the start as usual Loo, warm up on turbo, check out

refreshments for after the race ( cakes ), loo again, down gel and ride up to the start.

Two minutes to go and it starts to rain GREAT I thought, Oh well just get on with then.

Five minutes down the road the rain stops and I,m settled in on the run down to the turn,

not bad I thought sheltered from the cross wind by trees for the first 7 miles and then a

tailwind to the turn, approx 28 mins to halfway point and then on to face the return back.

I don't know why it was a shock to me but Bl.... Hell it was hard, first a head wind then a

Crosswind with no shelter given and the last mile into a headwind.

That I think was one of the toughest 25's I have done since my comeback in the last 3 years

And the slowest. 1.02.53. But very pleased with the result.

Point of interest, having dug out old school front wheel ( sprint,small flange campag record

Hub,Weinman rim,28 spoke ) with new tub fitted last night, last used by myself in 1983 and

I at least managed to ride in a straight line rather than being blown all over the place with a

deep section carbon wheel in the front.

Archived