Stratford CC 10 Course change

A very windy day to be testing today, but the sun did show it's face for most of my ride, and the rain held off too.

A big thanks to  Mandy, Ed, Cheryl, John & Mike for the cheers thanks guys & gals it really is appreciated.

As expected the  times were not fast but as all I wanted to do was nibble away the gap between myself and Dave M I guess I need to try a bit harder. :rolleyes:

http://app.strava.com/activities/140069255

Great rides by you both this afternoon in that wind.

Glad I was not riding,  good to spectate for a change.

As the head Cake tester for the Saracen Road Club I can report that the cream and strawberry sponge

scored 10 out of 10,  had to have two big slices to come to that conclusion.  YUM YUM.

Getting the sugar levels up for tomorrows 25 on Usk !,   IT GONNA BE TOUGH. 20mph cross winds.

HELP.

Windy was not the word! 21 mph head wind out.  Still it was the same for everyone and generally times were down by 2 mins. Sorry that Gary W DNS and have been unable to contact him, hope all is well.  Times were myself 27:23 and Colin B 30:43.  

Great support at the roadside today, thanks to you all.

Would have loved a piece of Strawberry Sponge but when I asked if there was any left I was told that they thought a Gannet had somehow got into the gym and flown off with it. Well they got part of it right.

Good luck tomorrow Bunter

A bit worried I might get blown away in the wind tomorrow and end up in Deep South Wales never to be seen again so by stocking up with cakes today I might add a bit of ballast to my 9 & a half stone body and I will be able to ride in a straight line with my tyres firmly on the Tarmac in those nasty crosswinds.

Archived