Club A & B runs 4th May - Evesham

Sean Barker

Good run out, thank you. I do feel that I let the side down by not finishing off the bread pudding.

Obviously too big a challenge for you Richard, perhaps you need to build up to something like that in small steps. You could see next week’s cyclosportive as a stepping stone 

I got to the Rednal meeting point but no one was there, I waited until 9:20 then headed for Tardebigge to meet up with Barry Richard and Chris. We then headed for Evesham joined by Ken and Chris Pardoe for part of the way (they did an extra loop) and then we met David at the cafe.

We all rode back together in the glorious spring sunshine

Today's riders were 

Sean Barker

Richard Fisher

Barry Lucas

Chris Kent

Chris Pardoe

Ken Haddon

Dave Mitchell

Best of luck to Richard and Chris P who are undertaking challenging cyclosportives next week

Particularly Richard who is riding this bad boy The Fred Whitton Challenge

Apologies for my absence. I caught train to Penzance on Saturday, started the tandem from Lands End at 06.00 yesterday, timed and observed attempt until replaced at Whitchurch and finished a 21 hour day by going to bed at 01.00 this morning. Unfortunately the tandem pair had a bad night and the riders abandoned at Penrith at around 07.00 this morning after 445 miles when 2 hours down on record schedule. Those folk who think it's easy to ride from LE to JOG at 17mph average should try it for themselves! Great trip, shame about the result.

Archived