Schwalbe Durano Plus

DaveM

Alan I saw your post reference these tyres on the Beacon message board and I can agree with the responding comments.  I used to ride Continental 4 Seasons/ Grand Prix 4000s but read so many good reports about Schwalbe that I decided to give them a try. I have been fitting them on all our bikes in different widths for two years, using 25mm for the winter. They give amazing grip and have excellent puncture resistance. I also use Schwalbe Utremo's for TTs.  

Yep these are also my tyre of choice. I have used them for the last five years or so. I use 28’s on my steel bike and 25’s on all the others.

They are extremely hard wearing and puncture resistant and the plus version has a thicker Kevlar lining yet they roll really well.

The only fault I would say is that the tyres are prone to getting tiny splits but then again Alan is a dab hand by all accounts with the super glue.

Thanks Dave, I did intend to cross post the same thread on here, but didnt as I forgot. :blush:     Looking at the specifications for both the Durano and the Durano Plus, I think that plus version is a bit to heavy and over the top for my riding but absolutely ideal for Sean and his long distance stuff.

In fairness, I dont have an issue with my usual choice of winter tyres (Vittorria Open Pave) other than the cost and trying to source them without being totally ripped off.  :angry:   But, and as I said on the Beacon MB, something on the net drew my attention to the Durano's and after reading the various reviews they seem to be worth a try.

I use Schwalbe tyres on the MTB (mud and ice tyres) and I have never had any issues with them at all, so I'm going to give them a shot on the road bike

Archived