Steady run Sun.27th. Apr.

rovi

Paul Haynes is our man.  Paul joined the club late last year and is in the V50 class.  He only rode one open 10 last year and that was in Leamington C&AC on the K11, recording a time of 24:24.

Event starts 08.05 and Paul is number 48. Look forward to having a cuppa with you.

A most enjoyable club run today saw the A and B groups making their respective ways down to Honybourne. I joined Kay Davies, John Cartwright and Ivor at Rednal and we made our way there with Ivor skilfully weaving a path around all the localised showers. Kay cut short and lunched at Hillers, where shortly a lone Chris Kent joind us as the A group flashed by.

We all met at the designated café and took our leisure over a lunch and much merriment.

We all set off together but a heavy shower shortly thereafter had some of us taking cover to don our rain jackets. At around this time the group splintered never to regroup.

I made my way home in the company of John Cartwright and Kevin Young.

On the way back Kevin with his keen eye for nature spied a tawny Owl that we stopped and watched take flight and also we stopped to delight in this field resplendent with buebells

xd72c4.jpg

Today’s riders were

A Group

Ken Haddon

John Shelly

Alan Weaver

Kevin Young

B Group

Ivor Myttion

Sean Barker

John Cartwright

Chris Kent

Kay Davies

Independents

Chris Poole

Graham Knowles

Which way do you go after the descent at Binton then?  I dropped down to the main road and Chris and Graham were in front of me, we all turned right and on towards Alcester. 

I then went to the front and turned right towards Haselor, and Chris and Graham followed me.  Then the next time I looked around, they were ....gone, along with everyone else??  So as it was raining, as opposed to turning around and trying to catch you guys up, I just got my head down and beat a retreat to home via Coughton Court.

Kevin, John and myself were about a hundred meters behind you at that point and closing fast.

We saw you turning right and the others go straight on the main road. We turned right as you did but we waited there for Ivor and the riders behind but they must have turned off somewhere else. After it was obvious that they weren't coming that way we headed off the usual way through great Alne, Ulienhall, Tanworth, and Wythall 

Archived