Warwick's Evening 10

Sorry to disappoint the the two Saracen supporters who came to the event last night, but I would have avoided falling off if I could have.  I was having a good ride until I came off at the Ullenhall turn! When I came down the slip road to get back on to the dual carriageway there was a lot of traffic to watch and I must have hit a catseye or something. Next thing, I am running out of road up against the kerb so had got to come off. Lucky for me it's a soft grass verge there so I had a good landing. No damage to bike or kit! Bars out of line, chain off and wheel out of true so forced to abandon. I just have a couple of small bruises and a sprained finger. Could have been a lot worse believe me, had there been anything solid there I might have been staring at the ceiling of the Alex for a night.

Thanks for the cheer Gary and special thanks to Colin B who launched a Search and Rescue operation in my aid.

Hope to see you both on this course in coming weeks.

Sorry to hear about your fall last night Dave.

It sounds as though you have a lucky escape falling to the left on the grass verge rather than on the road.

I am sure it won't be putting you off as these things happen and is quite easily done when you are racing especially with fast moving traffic around you.

Archived