Saracen summer 200km group ride

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it still on? = Yes

Date? Time? Meeting place? = As mentioned in the above post(s) it is this Sunday 20th July all the information in my last post

GPX? Advice on procedure for new Audax riders? Paperwork etc? = GPX file link in my last post

Pace? Slowest Rider? Even slower ie me? = We will stay together as a group and drop no one but we have to stay ahead of the minimum time allowance and remember the clock is still running when we take our cafe stops. So you would have to maintain an average speed of around 13mph while cycling for the duration of the ride otherwise the group would have no option but to leave you

Advertise on Facebook age? = This is just a ride for Saracen members and anyone they may wish to personally invite, so the forum is the ideal place

I'd love to have you along Kay but if you couldn't stay with the minimum required pace the group would have no option but to push on

You have indeed Laura

You can either meet with me at the official start or because of where you live I'm happy for you to ride from your house and meet us anywhere on the route.

Perhaps start out with John as he's meeting me at the top of Weatheroak hill and that would easily give you the required distance.

Let me know when you can

Just a word of warning, but they are in the process of resurfacing Weatheroak Hill, the road was closed when I came past this afternoon.  I suspect that the surrounding roads at the cross roads will also be done before the end of the week.

I've volunteered to take the 'B' run. I know a few others are likely to meet at the Forest. If there's no-one at Rednal I'll hope to meet others at Evesham. Or I might try to ride the 200k opposite way around and hope to meet you lot somewhere. Sean do you have a planned 'last stop' and if so, where and what approx time?

The third (last) cafe stop will be the Warwick services. Difficult to say what time we will be there because it will depend on how everyone is feeling and how long the two previous cafe stops will be, but I'd guess roughly around 5:30

I ache so much but I am so chuffed I did it! Thanks for all the support and encouragement. It was a great ride and we all did amazingly xxx

You had a great ride Laura, you have every right to be really pleased, top marks to you

Well done everyone, great day, thanks to Sean for the organisation and everyone else for the company.

My lovely wife has just cooked me a beef dinner and I have a beer in my hand as I type (maybe not a great idea after Tony's advice, but it tastes twice as good as normal!).

Never been a great fan of McDonalds but after 80 mile that big mac meal was spot on (maybe we could add it to our list of cafes for club runs!!!).  

An absolutely magnificent way to spend a Sunday! Great group discipline and great company, some really tired legs out there over the final few miles but total respect to Laura who despite never having cycled anything like this distance before and clearly feeling it towards the end never showed anything other than positivity and determination, an inspirational performance and attitude.

Well done everyone and thank you all so much for the great company. 

2pt2udv.jpg

Today's riders were (standing left to right) Ken Haddon, Chris Pardoe, Chris Kent, John Shelly, John Cartwright, Alan Weaver

(sitting) Laura Lane, Sean Barker

Just finished steak pie and 3 veg washed down with a bottle of old hooky.

Followed by bread & butter pudding then coffee there's just enough time before I fall asleep

to post today's efforts.

Having covered almost 140 miles at an average speed of 15.8 mph what a great ride in the sunshine after

Saturdays storms.

Apologies to Ken whom we lost near to Henley when he stopped to sign in with Pat he has mastered the mobile.

Waited in Ullenhall but presumed he tried a shorter route as time was pressing.

Well done to Laura and JohnC as it got tough towards the end.

Also ChrisK as he recovered after the last stop.

2u792s3.jpg2z8cmcw.jpg2d91p2r.jpg

x58ub4.jpg2s961hz.jpg

107t0td.jpg71i4oi.jpg11j99w1.jpgauedqe.jpg243j247.jpg

Archived