Sad death of Bryan Courage

ChrisP

For those who started there cycling days with the Bournville Cycling Club and all those who spent

many happy hours having soup, tea & cakes in the Cadbury canteen on a Friday night will know of Bryan.

He was the man who showed us the lanes in a 50 mile radius of South Birmingham.

The name Courage suited the character of the man.

Mike Flanagan sent me the following email yesterday Saturday 12th April.

You may already be have been told....but I think you may remember Bryan Courage from the old Bournville Cycling Club days.....he died this morning I've been told....from what I recall he was living in Station Road , Kings Norton...... it was many years ago at Cadburys when I last saw him and he was doubled up with his arthritic condition and stood only about five feet high at the very most.....not the 6 foot 3 inches he used to be in the early 1960's.

I know Mick and Tony Meacham will remember Bryan and so will Ken Haddon...also Ivor....very sad indeed but we have gone through losing so many close cycling friends haven't we???

Happy memory's

Chris P

I don't think I ever met Bryan but he sounds just like one or two of the older guys who taught me the local Staffs/Derbys/Leics lanes when I started cycling. Indispensable and well respected.

I've taken the liberty of sending a text to Ken, so he knows soonest.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived