Steady run Sun. 23rd. Mar.

rovi

Hope you have a nice run to Kenilworth tomorrow, always a great venue with great food at a reasonable price with endless topping up of coffee by the friendly staff.

Make sure you book Ivor, it's always popular and you might get turned away if there's no room.

Sorry can't join you tomorrow as I am racing, keep safe.

Remember to lock your bikes.

Had a great morning with a new group that met at The Missing Link bike shop in Droitwich. Much to the surprise of the organiser Mark, about 25 riders turned up to start. I was asked to ride as back marker but the group pretty well stayed together so my job was easy.  I was impressed by both the discipline and tolerance shown by the riders, considering many had never met before today. There were some obviously experienced people as well as beginners. The youngest were just 14 but rode confidently and were comfortable with the pace.  As this was the inaugural event it was just a 25 mile loop and back to the shop where Marks girlfriend and Dad had laid on tea and cakes.

Well done Mark for a great job done for the local cycling community.  Hope that you have initiated what looks like a new club in the area.

Those of us that met at Rednal decided to call off the ride due to the rain & cold.

As it was on  my route home i  decided to head towards the Waseley Hills cafe.

By this time the heavy rain had passed over,cafe was still shut but toilet block was open so managed to dry out my gloves etc

over the hand dryer!

Phone call from Ivor who rode up to meet me where upon we decided to ride over to Stourport managing to get to the cafe before the next downpour!

Caught in a couple of snow /hail /rain showers on way back ,what with the wind as well turned out to be a tireing ride.

At least we managed to get a ride in Thanks Ivor

A GRAND DAY OUT

Richard

I rode up to the man on the moon pub to wait for you to come past and met up with Dave Mortimer and his daughter also waiting there. When you didn't show we started off towards Earlswood thinking you might catch us up.

Dave then suggested we go to Lavender Hall as the Kenilworth cafe might be busy so

we did.

We missed the rain only having about 10 minutes of light showers. The wind was blowing a bit though but we had a very enjoyable ride

Archived