Steady Run Tues. 18th.Mar.

rovi

A good run spoilt.

We got to the garden centre, missed the rain,

only to find,when we came out, that Colin"s bike had been stolen!

He rang for a lift home,and reported it to the police,

whereupon we had to leave him there.....

You can imagine the conversation on the way home,

chopped off hands as a minimum.

Colin, so sorry to hear the bad news.

Can we perhaps have some details on the bike, make and spec of equipment and the time it was taken etc so that we can spread the word to other clubs/members of, and hopefully recover the bike. It's a long shot I know but you can live in hope.

Bad luck mate.

Might be worth mentioning to other cyclists who use the cafe to lock there bikes and even tell staff to either warn cyclists or even put a sign up to be extra careful if there could be a problem in the future.

Minimum punishment: Chop off hands and tattoo across forehead. I AM A THIEVING BAS- - - -.

8ugg€r & 8@$t@rd

Ken, Dave, Mike & self made our normal Tuesday pilgrimage. Got a bit damp on the way down and a bit blown about in the middle bit, but we finally got the wind behind us most of the way home. John & I tried very hard to keep Mike off the front - we even waited for him when he punctured - but at Tardebigge John peeled off home saying he needed a rest, Mike sniffed the teapot, and my legs gave way going into Blackwell, so I pottered back at a sedate pace leaving Ken to take the sprint. Gave Ken a wave as I went past his house but he was probably already in the shower!

Yes like Ivor said a good day spoilt, still these things happen it's just the times we live in, and I'm sure I wont be the last to suffer at the hands of these low lifes. Thankfully the £ value was not great with most parts getting on a bit, it was a good frame though that gave a good ride.

Giant OCR 2 Large in Black with red decals

Fulcrum Racing seven Wheels (Black)

Shimano Triple drive train

Tektro calipers

Most saddle on black carbon aero seat pin.

Colin B

Thanks for details on bike spec Colin, irrespective of current s/h value of the stolen machine it still has to be replaced and we all know the true value.

I hope when he stole it he jumped on the saddle started to pedal and did himself SERIOUS permanent damage as there can't be that many people around of your height requiring the seat position to be so high.

Archived