Club Runs Sunday 16th March (With photos)

rovi

Ooh! Lovely 

Bread pudding :)

Dont build your hopes up Sean, the last time I was there (only a couple of weeks ago) they hadn't cooked any!  It had been replaced with some chocolate covered shortbread

Just in case you never see it again - although I am told it was used to divert the river whilst the new bridge was being built but has now been reclaimed and dried out!

breadpudding.jpg

Cracking club run today. Dave will post up the details but until then here are some photos of the day

2555c2h.jpg

The Cafe stop at Evesham

2zyle0o.jpg

Ken Haddon (The Legend)

5cqxc.jpg

John Cartwright leading the way

n53r5.jpg

Richard making it look easy

2ninnrn.jpg

Chris Pardoe and Ken Haddon enjoying the sunshine

2qiuuk1.jpg

Dave striking a pose

2dkzsyw.jpg

Mandy in front of Derek and Ivor marshalling the rear

2rpu3c0.jpg

Chris proving to Michelle that he does lead the group

And the rest of the photos

10ggyf9.jpg

Chris Kent and Pete Cooper leading the way

15o81u1.jpg

Derek and Tony (who needs gloves?)

309rfgk.jpg

Mandy looking good and Ivor making sure the group are sound

amzeqo.jpg

The obligatory "selfie" just to prove I was there too

2nv5lyt.jpg

Probably better I don't repeat the comment that had Chris laughing  :laugh:

To be fair, in the first photo in the cafe you can see Ken sat in his blue jacket with a mysterious red arm projecting from it reaching for a cup.......its my arm!  :biggrin:

Thank goodness for that. I was getting concerned that Ken might have had a third arm  :ohmy:

The last bread pud we photographed at Evesham,

is now being held in the national archive, as an

example for future generations, to see the sort of

diet 21st century cyclists had to contend with.

I think it"s next to one of Barrys old bikes.

A beautiful spring morning, bringing out all the wildlife from it's Winter hibernation - and so followed the Saracens in their droves! We joined the B's at Flying Horse Lane for a fairly brisk run to Evesham via the Lenches, everyone coping well with the climb today. Into the cafe, after carefully parking our bikes in the 'Botanical Garden' and then re-arranging the tables so we could re-enact the 'Last Supper'. Not long into our second cup the mini A's group arrived to further ravage the bread pudding stocks. Our stay was granted an extention with the late arrival of Chris Pardoe who took advantage of the BOGOF bread pudding offer, but was beaten by it's enormity (5x4x3 inches).  However he just happened to be sat next to three Hyenas and a Jackal and they helped him finish it off.  

On the return leg we lost Alan W (The Man Who Never Was) when disappeared up his own Bishampton.  Shortly after that we had a puncture and the usual ritual started with a remote group, who began to wail and moan and a circle of wise men surrounding the unfortunate rider. Many offerings were made, consisting of the only way to mend a puncture and free use of the worlds best pump. Back on the road to Flyford where we said goodbye to the group and made our way back to Droitwich.

Once again an epic day with great company. 

The B's today were Ivor, Richard F, Chris K, Chris T, Derek B, Owen H, Pete C, Sean, Mandy, myself and special guest John Cartwright.

The A's were Tony, Ken, Alan W with Chis Poole for a few miles.

Independant was Chris Pardoe.

Hope you enjoyed your ride with us today John and it gave you an incite as to how Care in the Community works.

Yep, thats the view that most people see.......boom..... :tongue:

You'll also notice that not only am I slipping further down the chair, I'm also leaning to one side, its coz of the bloody great wedge of bread pudding that had just been consumed and it was finally coming to rest.  :(

Archived