Garmin Edge 510, 800 or 810 owners - you'll love this tip

AlanW

Kay I found this on the support page

Several reasons prevent a Mac computer from recognizing a Garmin USB device. Check the following items to allow proper communication from the Mac to the Garmin device:

• Ensure the Mac computer meets the minimum OS X requirements for the computer. As a general rule, OS X 10.5.8 and higher with an Intel-based processor is required for the Garmin software.
  • Check the device and physical connection:
    1. Verify the cable being used is a USB data cable as some cables only provide power to charge through the USB cable, and these charging cables will lack the ability to communicate with the Mac
    2. Verify the device is connected directly to the Mac. Avoid connecting the device to a USB hub, keyboard, or USB port on the monitor
    3. Verify the cable is connected to the Garmin device and not to the power cradle for the device
    4. Verify the Garmin device is fully powered on
    5. Try an alternate USB port on the computer
    6. Disconnect any other devices from the USB ports on the Mac
    7. Restart the Mac
  • Try connecting the Garmin USB device to another computer.

After checking the above, the Garmin USB device should be detected by the Mac computer. If the Garmin device is still not recognized, please contact Product Support:  http://www.garmin.com/us/support/contact

• 3 weeks later...

How can one ask a stupid question about a selfie

and finish up in Benjamin Allens spring classic?

Just goes to shows the power of our website!

Perhaps we should take it in turns to ask a stupid question

and see where it ends up, you could have a prize for the most number of answers/posts/funniest/whatever

Well today’s Audax was eventful for me.

Got there just as everyone was leaving and then had a mechanical that took me a while to sort out. I eventually set off half an hour after everyone else and got to the first café long after everyone had left. I took my leisure and had a hearty break and was still in last place at the half way stage in Hay on Wye. I caught a few on the way to the third control and a few more on the final quarter but overall had a quiet day.

Archived