Defford Darren (Charity ride - PLEASE SUPPORT)

TonyS

Some of you know already, but for those who don't, Darren Hedges ('mine host' at Defford Farm Shop/Cafe) is setting out on the biggest bike ride of his life next month. Many of you have visited the cafe (some of us are regulars!) and know how Darren and his staff look after us - please give generously in support of his ride and his chosen charity, the more he gets, the less likely he is to bale out half way! Details and link to his charity page are set out below.

"I am cycling from Land's End to John O'Groats with two friends April 12th-25th 2014. 950 plus miles 14 days 60 - 80 miles per day (NO REST DAYS) My sister in law Carolyn has been teaching at Dihlabeng for the last 5 years as a volunteer.Knowing how much the school relies on sponsorship i wanted to support Carolyn and the children with your help I would like to raise as much money as possible.Welcome to my give.net fundraising page. Donating with give.net is really easy and completely secure. If you are a UK taxpayer, please confirm that you would like to reclaim Gift Aid on your donation. This will add 25p to every £1 you give. Thanks for visiting!"

https://my.give.net/landsendjohnogroatscycle

• 1 month later...

Darren has been sending me regular updates of his progress. Here's one he sent me last Tuesday

Eventful day some of the best dramatic scenery on way to Glencoe pass 2hrs rain first rain of trip all the hard climbing made up by the descent down no pedalling hard work after two easy. Days see what tomorrow brings say hi to the gang

And last night he sent me this message

I'm having dinner at The Crask and I think the best meal of the trip with the Onich hostel second real beer too I will treat myself to a scotch sunset fantastic big day tomorrow I'm ready to come home !! Darren

The Crask Inn was his last stop before he reaches John O'Groats TODAY!

For those of you who haven't yet donated, the link is in the first post, and here's the link to the Facebook page of his chosen charity. Don't forget, he's riding in Saracen colours (big thanks to Ken for the loan thereof).

Archived