The Peopleton Duathlon

Mike Hazlewood kicked of his season today by competing in the Peopleton Duathlon and knocked over two minutes off his time for last year. The race was made up of a 4 mile run/18 mile bike/ 2 mile run.

Well done Mike lets have the result sheet as soon as it's available.

Thank you for your kind comments guys.
It's always a relief to do the first race of the season to get an indication of form.
Having wintered quite well and hanging on to my 2013 fitness fairly well considering the lack of miles on the road this year due to the amount of water falling out of the sky, I was pleased to finish the Peopleton duathlon in a reasonable state.
Not being that experienced in this type of event I usually try to start the 1st run quite cautiously, pace myself on the bike and just hang on in there for the 2nd run. Well for a change it went to plan except for the 1st transition were 1 spent far to much time messing about changing shoes etc, Oh well practice makes perfect.
It's good to do something different and great catching and passing a number of really good runners who disappear from site on the1st run and you then catch them on the bike leg and never see them again.
The weather was reasonable and just had some rain half way through the last lap of the bike leg and the 2nd run but was at least a lot warmer than recently.
The final results have not been sent yet but having been given my time when crossing the line I know it was at least a 2mins beating of my last years time and I think the wind was much stronger this year.
I will post my confirmed time, slits and overall position when I have them.
So next weekend I have the Dambusters standard distance Duathlon at Rutland water Leic's which involves a 10km run,42km bike and finish with a 5km run.
At least I have a weeks holiday away in the area after that event and I can then look forward to getting to grips with some time trials.

I have now recieved the official results,

Finishing position:        37th overall

Age group position:            2nd

Bike leg:                       20th fastest

Overall time:     1hr 35mins 46secs.   ( 2mins off my 2013 time )

Archived