Tardebigge Run 27th February

DaveM

I can't give a summary of today's run as Mandy and I went directly to Holt Fleet. Quite a wind again today but bright and sunny. A large turnout gave us a very enjoyable break in the newly refurbished cafe and the size of the group did not seem to phase the staff. On leaving the cafe Michele discovered she had a puncture but she was soon surrounded by willing volunteers to help with the repair and she was soon on her way.  A pleasant wind assisted run back through the lanes to Droitwich. 

In the cafe today were Michele, Mandy, Vince, Alan W, Dave H, John S, Gary, Chris P, Chris K, Sean, Liegh, Ken, Pete C, and myself. Also out on a 'non- stopper' was Tony S.

Great to see everyone again and yes top marks to the cafe. I can throughly recommend the sausage sarnies.  :biggrin:

I rode back to Bournheath with Chris P, Michelle, Vince and Sean then I peeled off up and over the Lickeys and into Alvechurch via Barnt Green.  Then across to Beoley, Tanworth, Ullenhall, Spernall, Astwood Bank and home   I got caught in a snow storm and then a quite a sharp hail storm, serves me right for doing a bit extra.  :angry:

Thoroughly enjoyable ride today although I was guilty of relaxing too much on the ride home (kept thinking of Saturday’s 200km Audax and didn’t want to tire myself) Once reaching Dodford I upped the pace and caught up with Chris, Michelle and Alan and then just rode with them. We parted at the Waseley Park café entrance and as I headed through Rubery Pete Cooper came flying past me like he had been fired out of a cannon. I caught his wheel and we rode back together.

Sorry to hear you got caught in the hail and snow Alan but if it’s any consolation I completely missed all the rain and hail today.  :biggrin: 

Archived