Steady Run Sun.23rd.

rovi

Into a strong wind, so behind schedule on reaching Flying Horse Lane. Just caught a glimpse of the group ahead as we neared the Red Lion and I chased after them.  Still had not caught them at Priest's Bridge so I gave up. Not long after that we were caught by Chris Poole and his brother. They slowly pulled away from us but we were then joined by Tony, Ken and John who helped us get them back. At Inkberrow Chris had a saddle problem so they had to abandon. Not far from Fladbury we meet Gary coming the other way, obviously on a 'non- stopper'. On reaching the cafe we found an already large group who had arranged the furniture to suit them and with a bit more shifting we all managed to sit together. The staff were a bit under pressure with the numbers but coped exceedingly well. Chris T had one two many teas and was soon under the table.  After a long enjoyable break we split into two groups for the return, Mandy and I electing to take a more sedate pace back.  Great to have that raging wind behind us all the way home.

Thanks to Laura and Owen for taking us out and looking after us all so well.

A great 'Club Run' today.  Really enjoyable, thanks to all.

On the run today, at some time or other, Laura, Mandy, Owen, Gary, Kevin, Dr. Dave, Barry, Ken, Tony, Fish, Ivor, Sean, John, Chris K, Chris T, Chris P, his brother and myself.

dx0u.jpg

hnok.jpg

I loved today! :D

I wasn't far off the distance for the sportive next week. Pretty chuffed with that. Also, might be getting some kit Friday thanks to ChrisP (even though I'm not an official member yet, but I will be when I find a printer!) So I could be wearing the kit for the Mad March Hare.

Really enjoyable ride despite the wind.

And I loved my baked beans on toast :)

Small cog from now on!! x

Good to see such a large group out this morning as we passed in opposite directions on Flying Horse Lane, with Ken and a couple of others in hot pursuit of the main group, followed a few minutes later by Chris Poole in hot pursuit of Kens small group!  If I hadn't ridden the Beacon Audax the day before (plus riding to and from the HQ) then I would have turned around and joined you guys.  But I was only out to loosen my legs for a couple of hours.

Archived