Club Run Sunday 16th

DaveM

As the Lord has seen fit to provide us with a fine dry sunny day, shall we not give thanks by gathering in a multitude and then proceeding  to a luxurious hostelry where we may break bread.  Preferably in a South Westerly direction into the wind.

Any suggestions? 

Sean, a new rider will be joining the B's tomorrow at Rednal.

Earlier I spoke to Richard Fisher who has recently posted on the forum who said he would like to join us on the run.

If you could keep in touch via the web site regarding any updates in the morning please.

I believe Abbey tea rooms Pershore is the proposed cafe stop ?.

Who else is going out ?.

Lovely to see the A's & B's at the Abbey Tea Rooms today as I have been a bit under par the last couple of months, I have missed the banter and usual insults!!

Seriously though, Dave and I rode some of the way back with the group, yes, I was at the back but was encouraged and given lots of support from the guys, I really appreciated it.  Thanks very much!   :rolleyes:

An icy start but we started today’s B ride very gingerly, even resorting to pushing bikes at a couple of points. One spill but fortunately no one hurt.

I met up with Derek, Owen, Chris, and Richard at Rednal and picked up Chris Kent shortly after and were joined by Kevin at Chessgrove. We made our way to Pershore picking up the pace a little as we went on.

At the café Saracens started arriving thick and fast and it seemed we had taken over the café.

Dave will have a full report of all today’s riders but it was a great sight as we all left the café and rode north together.  

Thanks everyone for a great ride and an extra special welcome to Richard who had his first ride with the Saracen today.

Mandy and I were first to arrive at the cafe but it was not long before Chris Poole joined us also having made his own way there.  It was only about another fifteen minutes then before the peace was shattered and the rabble arrived. As Sean said, we were taking up most of the floor space, much to the delight of the cafe staff.  Still more solo riders arrived in the next quarter of an hour, making it a great crowd and very enjoyable break.  Chris P had to leave ahead of us in order to get back a bit earlier but we soon followed at an easy pace via Drakes Broughton, Peopleton and Grafton Flyford. We let the group pull away at Himbleton and just cruised back to Droitwich.  We were so lucky today to get such total reverse of the recent weather we have been getting lately, really great for cycling and............

Making it a great day were Sean, Kevin, Derek, Chris K, P and T, Owen, Pete C, Ken, Mike, Mandy and self, not forgetting guest rider Richard Fisher.  Good to have you join us Richard, hope you enjoyed the ride.

Sorry Guys, sounds like you had a good ride but didn't like the ice in Barnt Green this morning at 9.15. Did a solo to  Bidford starting at 11am. Alan sorry i didn't make you out, sun in my eyes but aware that somebody greeted me by name when passing. Thought I saw John S and definitely passed  Gary between Tardebigg and Headless Cross,  going in the opposite direction, on my way home. Will try and make Tuesday but  prefer a 10am start in icy conditions. Terrified of damaging my shoulder again as it could spell the end of my cycling. 

Sorry Guys, sounds like you had a good ride but didn't like the ice in Barnt Green this morning at 9.15. Did a solo to  Bidford starting at 11am. Alan sorry i didn't make you out, sun in my eyes but aware that somebody greeted me by name when passing. Thought I saw John S and definitely passed  Gary between Tardebigg and Headless Cross,  going in the opposite direction, on my way home. Will try and make Tuesday but  prefer a 10am start in icy conditions. Terrified of damaging my shoulder again as it could spell the end of my cycling. 

This is something Chris Kent mentioned on Sunday, perhaps it's time to reconsider our start times during the extreme cold of the winter months.

Maybe a decision the evening before and a post to let everyone know the change to the start time?

Archived