Tardebigge Run Thurs. 13th

DaveM

Another really enjoyable ride - although for some reason it suddenly seemed to turn into a full-on sprint! The pack was decimated and i worked really hard for a mile or two alone to make it back to the A group, but just as I hit the back a hill appeared and I was finished.

Leigh pulled me back and then we met Ken & Dave and we headed for Alcester and a pleasant cup of tea - and an admiration of local Millinery!

Was struggling up into Feckenham and I had to turned right to head back into Redditch  to retrieve my car from the Citroen Dealer in Redditch and give him £239 for the pleasure of changing a battery! So sorry if i was suddenly gone !

Thanks all

Carl

It's Jens Voigt, I went out similar time and the chant didn't work for me either. Only consolation was that I saw Dave on his way home and be was going slower than me!

Dave was at this time in a semi- coma and did not recognise his friend Tony on the other side of the road.

Dave chases after Mike.

Do you chase after Mike?

Mandy came home from work and found Dave asleep with his feet on the coffee table.

Are you miserable when suddenly woken up and given an ear bending?

Dave is.

See Dave washing his cycling kit.

Dave is not allowed to watch TV till he has finished all his jobs.

Only one flooded section to negotiate on the way to Tardebigge, quite surprising considering last nights rain. Not a large turnout today, so a combined 'A' 'B' group set off for Alcester. All was going well until the missing Mike H was spotted ahead in Flying Horse Lane and the game of 'catch me if you can' began.  We caught him at Inkberrrow and the pace then quickened by 2 or 3 mph and gradually the lesser mortals, one by one, were left for dead climbing out of Radford.  Not wanting an early grave but an early coffee I did a left at Hillers and short cut it to the cafe.  I was soon joined by Dave C and we watched Chris K go sailing past obviously making for the alternative cafe.  Kevin Y then appeared but declared that he was on a non stopper. Eventually the remainder turned up Chris P having taken them for a tour of the Cotswolds.  Big Gear Bob had gone for his weekly portion of Lenches  and we presume Leigh went to join Chris K. Another non stopper, Sam B, then popped in and asked if she could use our toilet. Cheek!

Dave C left first to make his own way home. (Why didn't I think of that?) The rest of us headed for the Ridgeway with Carl and I hanging on like grim death up the climb. Carl did a disappearing trick just after we hit the Saltway and I was given a reprieve when the group turned off at Feckenham.  Thankfully only 8 miles from home.

In the cafe were Michele, Dave C, Chris P, John S, Ken, Carl and myself.

Those riding audax's or gainfully employed are excused for not turning up today, but the following must produce a note explaining why they were absent at the next club run. 

Laura L, Ivor, Gary W, Pete C, Barry,

Nice report lolblue.gif

I hope it was a little warmer for you guys than it was for me, started and finished with the temperature below freezing and obviously icy roads at both ends of the ride, amazing though how the temperature rises a couple of degrees in Lichfield compared to out in the countryside. The wind was a real factor too yesterday through Staffordshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire and Lincolnshire, I was blown all the way to Grantham but it was a hard slog on the return leg.

Archived