New member enquiry

Hi,

I have been road cycling for the past year and looking to join a club as I am started to get bored of my own company and routes.  I bumped into one of your members at the David Lloyd Club last week (Mick?) who suggested that I drop you a line.

Aware that you run a Sunday morning club comprising of differing levels.  Could you tell me what the best group to join would be for a relative newbie?

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Richard,

Good to hear from you.

We normally post our runs for a Sunday on the forum a couple of days before as we have a better idea of the weather on the weekend.

The faster A run normally meets at the Forrest Public house at 9.30 on a Sunday morning and may well meet the B group which meets at Rednal at the earlier time of 9.15 at our destination (cafe).

All this depends on the weather of course and we might delay the start by half an hour or so if it is icy.

I might well suggest if currently you feel you are not fit enough go with the A's who normally average 17/18 miles an hour that you join the Bs who are on average 2-3 miles an hour slower.

Again we always try and keep a group together and wait for anyone who may be struggling a bit.

I will be competing from the beginning of March so will not be out on many Sundays throughout the racing season

Please feel free to contact me via the forum for any advice I may be able to offer you.

Regards,

Mick H.

Hi Richard, good to hear from you. Mike has answered your query, but I would just like to add that you would be most welcome to join us when ever you are ready. We always favour new riders and will go out of our way to fit you in starting at the right level and give any help you should require. I am presuming that you live near Bromsgrove and Sunday is your best day. Just get in touch a few days before you are ready to roll and we will meet you somewhere to get you started on your first club ride.

It might be an idea to have a look at our 'Code of Conduct' on the Club Runs page before you ride with us.

Hope to meet you soon.

Dave M

Hi Richard

We also have rides on a Tuesday and Thursday if you are able to ride those days.

I’m pretty irregular at the moment with my Audax commitments but I do make a point of riding at least one club ride a week. But when I do ride I do like to take my ease

I look forward to meeting you soon

Sean

Archived