Open 10mile TT.

There are a couple of open events for Saracen members who have the wish to race are now open for entry . The dates are as follows; Saturday 13th April and Sat 20th April,these take place on the afternoon. The course is based around Alcester - Bidford on Avon. Anyone wishing to enter and requires anymore info please contact me or EddieS for details.

• 2 weeks later...

It is now time to get entry forms filled in and sent off for these TT's.

Anyone wishing to enter who requires further info and entry forms please contact me via forum or email; ha3z9@aol.com, or by phone; 01527 831482. I am more than happy to send off forms on your behalf. It would be great to see some our hard training riders entering these, and showing that the Saracen RC are not just a social club but are also competing in some events.

Come on you've got to start sooner or later if you intend to race this year.

The course is relatively flat with a mixture of both A roads and Dual carridgeway.

Too right Mike!  I think that riding for such a prestigious club as ours is a great honour.  Anyone who is capable should step up to the plate now. It's all very well tearing around the lanes on a Thursday, but it's wearing that vest on race day that counts.

Very few of us are ever going to repeat our youthfull PB's. It's the taking part that counts - being part of a team.

I'm with you all the way Mike.

PS Can anyone loan me a club vest - 38- 40 chest?

Ok stepping up to the plate SIR !!!  My coach (that's Mike H) says I dont have to ride them flat out, whos he trying to kid? So put me down for the second one Mike, cant say I'm looking forward to coughing up a lung again but like you say one has to start sometime.

Dave I have an old Club top though like you mine is over 40 years since it was last worn in anger it may fit you,  it certainly dont fit me anymore.

Great stuff Colin.  I am going in with an open mind. I just want to break the ice and take it from there.

I will take you up on the jersey offer.  I just need something to tide me over till the new kit arrives.

Dave your first priority is to beat me, :)  you do know that dont you? Any other takers, come on guys an gals for old times sake.

P.S. Right that's sorted entry form printed off for the Warwicks open on the 20/04/13 , will post tomorrow.

• 4 weeks later...

Time to up the pain level a smidgin today first "open" event in a few years with a good Saracen turnout of Sam B, Dave M, Mike H, and yours truely,

Really happy with a time of 29:05  although a 28 something would of been nice but hey little steps and all that is the way forward. I will let the others tell their own stories but Dave did something a bit special today well done matey. Also good to meet Sam for the first time well done you, and a thanks to Terry C and his other half for the cheers on the hardest part of the course. Good to chat to Mavis & Eddie too.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/300588329

Great afternoon and good to meet Colin and Eddie and Mavis and to see Dave back racing :-) most pleasing to see though was that yellow thing in the sky! I hope it's here for longer than its normal day or two this time and that summer is finally on its way. I got well and truly wopped by Mick but was pleased with my time of 25.44 which was much better than I expected it being my second attempt at such silliness. Well done everyone and thanks for a great afternoon

Well done to my fellow club members on a good turnout in the Warwick R C's open 10 today.

Both Colin and Dave had  improvements on there times set a week ago.    Colin a good minute better with a time of 29.05 and Dave with a 28.17 against last w'ends 29.56,  very well done.

Dave has worked out that if he keeps improving at this rate he sould break comp record by the end of the year.

Sam in only her 2nd 10mtt set a new PB of 25.44, a 2 minute improvement on her 1st one she did last year, again well done.

God help me when Sam's wish comes true and gets a proper TT bike with a fast pair of wheels!!.  Watch this space.

I came in with a 24.29,   again a quicker time than last w'end.      Thank God I beat Sam, but probably not for long.

Thanks go to Eddie and Mavis for there support and also to Terry Carbutt and his better half Jan for there support and cheers just at the hardest point on the course.

Also thanks to the Warwicks Road Club team for putting on a great event and organising some brilliant weather,  as usual the tea and home made cakes  care of Helen Minovi and Laura Hobson were  Excellent!!.

Thanks for a great day 'TEAM'.  The Saracens are back ! Every one was happy with the weather and their results.  Many thanks to our supporters Eddie (Team Director) Mavis, Terry C (Head of Youth Team) and Jan, Paul H ( Filling in a Saracen application form as I write this) and Debbie.  Supporters do make a difference believe me. Thanks to Mike for cracking the whip and getting us back on the road.

Archived