Steady Run 2nd.Feb.

rovi

Somewhat depleted turnout for the A run this morning, in fact you could call it an A - or B+ run. Anyway, KenH, OwenH and TonyS rode down to the Speckled Hen at Honeybourne then back via Dorsington at a nice steady pace. Two rear wheel punctures for me before I found a tiny piece of glass hiding in the tread. Stiff headwind on the way out but very helpful on the way back. Minor flooding near Bidford but the Avon bridge was clear - hope the B run had similar luck with the Severn crossing. Saw Dave & Mandy heading for a late stop at Hillers, good to see M out again :-)

Beautiful day all-round, however was pleased to get to venue on own where I met up with other 'B'run members who were

not aware that the others were there, having arrived in separate groups!!!

The ride back into Bewdley was awesome from the cafe'/venue behind Ivor the "demon-descender", where I parted company with the guys (Ivor, Pete C., Chris (Michelle's), John & ?????) for Batham's country where I saw Peter Carbutt on his way home

from the range.

Great to see fellow Saracen's including en-route:- Mike H.(Doing his own thing), Owen & Ken @ the Forest who were heading

south + numerous other individuals & groups along the way!!!!!!!

Sorry for being anti social but last minute changes to my plans for today saw me doing a long hard ride on my own to the east taking in a quick cafe stop ( 15 mins ) at Time for Tea in Kenilworth on the way back.

What a great day to be out, at long last a warm and sunny day. All change for the coming week I believe.

Only three of us started from Rednal,

Pete,Chris, and self.

Had agood ride out to Bewdley, expecting to see some

spectacular water there, but not much to see really.

Anyway jacket off and up the climb to the centre,

it does one good to have a good climb seems to remind

the body what it"s all about.

Met up with John Shelley and his friend,Chris Kent and

Terry Dunsby most of you won"t know but Terry was Club Captain

in the 50s.lives in Bewdley,still rides his bike,and is

threatening to come out on our Audax. He says there is a new bike shop

in Bewdley called Overspokes selling posh frames and wheels.

Had a good ride back except for the level crossing which seemed permanantly closed,

the Beacon were stuck there as well.

Met Tony Webb and Jayne in Timberhonger Lane.

What a joy to be out in the SUN and the DRYYYYYYYY.

Archived