Tardebigge Run Thurs 30th January

Sean Barker

Droitwich 2 deg. Dry, no sign of ice. Overcast but no rain. Forecast rain or poss sleet.  Temp at Tardebigge could be 0 - 1 deg.   Take care if you are out.  I will be doing the weekly shopping. 

Now raining (09.45). 

Well I never that Michelle ,not long ago she tried to beguile me with bath foam and this week the shameless hussy was inviting strange men (Vince) to sit on her lap .When she got no takers she then barricaded the passageway causing a respectable and seemingly friendly pair of ladies to either to give a grovelling request for free passage or attempt a bunny hop !!! She then suggested they were not too happy faced !!! She then proceeded to kiss a fellow rider in full public . Mind I'm not one to tell tales .

Today was also memorable in that I had to drop back to wait for someone . No not a peak in form but I brought a mate out who hadn't ridden for a couple of years and had a heavy bike . Still it was a !st.

Cold snowy start but roads OK.

Convinced Michelle it would do her good.

Picked up Vince on our way up the Lickeys and made our way to Tardebegge.

Not many hardy takers for a ride out.

A short trip to Hillers was agreed.

Dave push of alone, Leigh and his friend went direct.

I led Michelle, Vince and Carl a first timer on a small loop via Flyford round to the cafe.

An enjoyable break had by all but still not long enough to get Vince thawed out.

A brisk start on the way back got Vince's blood moving but dropped Leigh's friend, so good of him to stop and wait.

Well done to Carl who carried on to Bromsgrove when we turned for Tardegigge.

Hope he can join us for future rides on warmer days.

The finishing climb up the Lickeys saw Michelle with a big smile on her face as the cold eventually drained Vince of

his last remains of strength.Amazing how well she can try when she stops talking.

Great stuff Carl and Dave. Glad you enjoyed the run out yesterday - wait till the weather gets better you will have a chance to meet a few more members and ride some great routes.  You can always rely on Chris P to lead the way, he knows Worcestershire like the back of his hand. Fingers crossed for Thursday.

Nice touch posting the route Carl!

Archived