Midsummer Night Ride?

AlanW

Just trying to gauge interest if I were to run a proper night ride this year?

In summary, we would start at midnight from Becketts Island and then ride up to the 24 hour services on the island of junction 10 of the M42/A5 via the lanes. A distance of 64 miles near enough I think

It goes without saying that good and trustworthy lights are required!!

Date to be confirmed nearer the time, but it will probably be a Friday evening in July if it helps?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just popping this ride back into peoples minds. The more that join in the merrier and just to reiterate, it isn't a race. It will only be as fast as the slowest person.

As a suggestion, but start checking your batteries/lights now to make sure that they will sustain the duration. A headtorch in the back pocket is always a good idea in case of mechanical issues etc

Something Hi Viz is really recommended and please NO flashing rear lights.

I'm also not to sure about parking and if it would be okay to leave cars in Becketts car park? In the meantime, if anyone needs any more info, please feel free to call me 07500 915448

Why would you wish to wait until all the sunshine has gone, prop your eyelids open with matchsticks past bedtime, to meet at Beckitts when you should be asleep.

The reward being a ride to a motorway junction.

Not jesting. What is the attraction? What am I missing?

Please explain.

Its something differant and out of the norm, why not just try it and see then?  As for the location in terms of being a motorway junction, please feel free to come up with an alternative location that is open at 3am??

Well 14 riders joined in and made for a fantastic evening ride.  The conditions were 100% perfect, dry and warm (still 15 degrees at 3am!) with no wind at all, and a full moon as a double bonus. 

With every single person vowing to return to do it again next year.  And I quote :-

"Alan, wow, never done that before and "a must do again" ride. Couldn't have chosen a better night with warm temperatures, no wind and full moon. Real pleasure to the ride the roads/lanes without traffic. Brilliant"

"Loved it! Gorgeous night for it too"

"Great event, definitely do it again next yr"

"Thanks Alan ,great ride,route and company!"

"Alan, loved it"

"Starting at midnight and riding through to dawn. It certainly was a new experience and quite enjoyable to ride the roads with zero cars about. The world is a very quiet place at 4am"

Archived