2014 Racing Season.

With the start of the racing season not to far away I know a number of riders within the Saracen are

considering racing this year.

Dave has already put up a list of Time Trials within the Midlands area so there is plenty to choose from.

There are also a number of club events available to ride. On local courses, usually these take place of an evening running from mid April to mid August.

The two which are most commonly used by us would be the Warks RC 10mtt on a Tuesday night on the Alcester Rd, headquarters at Wythall Park and also the Bromsgrove Olympic 10mtt on a Thursday night which is a circuit around the Hanbury, Himbleton area.

When I know the dates for these I will post up on the forum.

The club is also running its club champs 10mtt again which will take place on Saturday 28th June on the K33/10D near Alcester. as an addition this year we have decided to also run a club champs 25mtt which will take place on the 23rd August on the K34 ( a sporting course ).

Anyway as you can see plenty to choose from and aim for.

My own season will be starting in March with some Duathlons and will then be a mix of 10,25 and a couple of 50's throughout the year with maybe a few LVRC road races throne in. I will probably be traveling around a bit to ride some 25's as there are only 4 in the Midland area but will keep people posted in case they want to make a team up.

Also worth a mention is that the Midlands are lucky to have the Junior and Women's National 10 mtt in our area this year being held on the K33/10D on Saturday 30th August.

Now I know we are not going to muster a Junior team entry into this. BUT!!!, The women's is a different story, Now who have we got, Sam,Mandy Well that's 2. Come on girls you know who you are, it would be a first for the club and what an opportunity. Yes it's you------- MICHELLE, KAY, LAURA ???.

It will also be a great event to watch as it will attract the fastest Juniors and Woman in the Country.

Please post up any queries about races you might be thinking of riding and also a full report on the races will hopefully be posted afterwards.

Mick.

Archived