Steady Run Sun. 19th. Jan.

rovi

So what happened?  Looked OK at 08.40 so I set off for Tardebigge and made good time without seeing any sign of ice. Just before the meeting point I met Phil C who was under the impression we had missed the group, but we carried on and found them ( Ivor, Chris Thompson and Barry L) attending to Barry's front tyre. It was quickly sorted and we made for Bradley Green and Inkberrow.  Soon after leaving Radford we were caught by John S, Pete C and Chris Poole. 

At Hillers we joined the warm sun and the Solihull in the 'tent'. Thick brown toast and marmalade all round in we sat back to wait for the 'A's... and waited....and waited till nearly noon then gave up.  On the return leg we passed Tony and Ken coming the other way at Inkberrow and presumed that they must have had a very late start.  A pleasant ride back in the now warm sun as far as Priest Bridge where Chris P and I said goodbye to the group to take the back route to Droitwich.  We had some luck at both Shell Ford and Himbleton where the flood water was a safe depth to ride through.  

Great day out with Ivor, barry L, John S, Phil C, Pete C, Chris P and Chris T.

And the 'A's?

You're right, Dave. Ken & I had an 11.00 start owing to ice still evident at 10.00. We had hoped to see you closer to Hillers and ride back with the group, however we carried on and landed at Hillers just after Mike & Owen had arrived via Lenches route. After obligatory tea and toast, and a rear wheel puncture for Mike, we then rode back with them. However, just before we saw your group we spied Gary on his own, so there's another mystery? Finally we saw Pete Carbutt at Tardebigge, but then that's not unusual! Nice day out, still some standing water in our area but dare I say starting to dry up at last? Saw one mad idiot in shorts so summer can't be far away :-)

Sorry we missed the B,s at Hilliers, having made a later start than normal as posted Owen and myself picked a route avoiding

Flooded roads and made our way via the Lenches and Harvington arriving at the cafe after you lot had left.

Thanks for warming our seats for us !.

Soon joined by Ken and Tony, and was glad for a couple of wheels to follow for the return trip.

Archived