Steady Run Tues.14th.Jan.

rovi

Sorry guys didn,t make the Man on the Moon, came off on back road to Hopwood, usual elbow and thigh scuffs and sore shoulder, would you believe it happened whilst climbing,. when I eventually stood up, fell again and realized how bad the road was, had to walk 1/2 mile back to the main road in Barnt Green. Hope nobody had anything more serious. But then judging by the previous posts some of you had more sense. I had some catching up to do

Bad luck Barry, glad nothing was broken. 

Annoyingly, I am on holiday today and was really hoping to get out to meet up with you guys.  But I have just been out in the car and the lanes are really to bad to even consider it and the main roads are also bad in places, so looks like it a turbo session......on my day off! :ohmy: 

Mind you I went out late yesterday afternoon and got caught in that storm just as I was approaching Broadway, round about 4pm.  Had to take cover in a bus shelter, then set off again and got as far as Badsey before having to seek cover in yet another bus shelter as the heavy rain combined with the dark got just to unbearable and rather dangerous.  Finally got home at 17:45, very, very cold and extremely wet. :sad:

Really sorry to hear about your fall Barry  :sad:

I looked out this morning and it looked fine, no sign of ice or frost anywhere. So I got on my bike and headed up the Man on the moon. As I neared the pub it was obvious that it was getting progressively icier the further south I went. By the time I was in West Heath there was white frost and ice everywhere, the car park at the pub was white and glistened in the bright morning sun. I waited for ten minutes and when unsurprisingly no one turned up I thought it folly to venture too far afield so cautiously made my way home in a roundabout way.

Well maybe Thursday.

Archived