Live from Space Season

Sean Barker

As some of you are aware my daughter has been jetting between London and Houston pretty much on a monthly basis over the last year in her role as assistant producer on this programme.

Well today she told me it is now no longer hush hush and I can talk about it, so forgive me my parental pride here are the details

BG%2011572307115%201194957269%20o_A2.jpg

Channel 4 today announces details of its groundbreaking new Live from Space Season airing March 2014 which will culminate with a major interactive TV event featuring a live two-hour broadcast from the International Space Station (ISS) and Mission Control in Houston as the ISS completes an entire orbit of the Earth.

Full story

I will show it to Imogen, she will be thrilled!

Next week she is head of Tech for a production with 52mikes and 17 mike changes a scene. Equals 52 mixer desks.

They asked can we shorten the interval? She said I will try changing 17 mikes in 20mins in dress rehearsal, but I dont think it will work.

This week they asked for recording of the production. She said she can train enough junior techs to point a camera, but someone has to run round and swap cartridges, not enough time to teach.

She is loving every minute. She applied for work experience at the BBC.

She will definitely be inspired by your daughters achievements. Particularly as they are both Physicists.

Go ahead and be proud!

• 1 month later...

Right guys, just a heads up that this programme starts a week today.

Just had a chat with Sarah and she flies off (again) to Houston on Saturday morning and will be on location (at the studios) for the duration of the series.

Here's the website link. http://space.channel4.com/

She was delighted when I told her how interested you all are.

Archived