Thursday run - 9th January

Sean Barker

I wasn’t able to get to tardebigge so headed straight to the café in Alcester where I met up with a good contingent of fellow Saracens.

At the café were

Chris Pardoe

John Shelly

Michelle

Gary Woodward

Leigh Fidget

Phil Carbut

Pete Cooper

Ivor Myttion

Sean Barker

Big Gear Bob

After a nice lunch and much laughter I made my way back with them but soon drifted off the back as my knee was starting to play up again.

Nice to have a dry day at last even if some of the roads are still flooded.

M and I set out later this morning with intentions of riding directly to the cafe. Not long after leaving we discovered that Droitwich is fast becoming an island. No matter which way South we went the roads were flooded.  Having had to take several u-turns and a sizeable detour put us nearly an hour behind schedule so we baled out to Hillers.

With more rain forecast in the next 24 hours it looks like the only way in and out of the town will be by the A38, the Hanbury Road or the Ombersley Road.

s2n.gif

Even getting to Tardebigge defeated me yesterday, especially as one oncoming motorist insisted on 'maintaining forward momentum' whilst I was in the middle of negotiating what I can only describe as a riveroad. No amount of hand (and finger) waving stopped him coming, with the result that I got drenched. For the remainder of my ride I retreated to high ground and main roads!

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/10911931.UPDATE___More_road_closures_as_rivers_rise_in_Worcestershire/?ref=ar

Forecast for the weekend - ICE - take care, everyone.

Archived